Have You Tapped into the Power of Engagement History?
Many brands on LiveEngage use the engagement history to serve the important purpose of simply reviewing previous conversations for agent training or service audits.
But the engagement history tool in LiveEngage has evolved to allow brands to do so much more:
- Advanced filtering capabilities lend to meaningful analysis on business topics, customer satisfaction, and operational effectiveness.
- Transcripts become available in minutes, so managers can start their analysis in near-real time.
- Instant insight into the customer’s voice quickly identifies what topics to address.
- Integration capabilities incorporate and merge information gathered with other databases.
Advanced search and filtering can uncover important business and operational learnings.
Below are some examples of how search and filtering can provide valuable insights.
Gain an understanding of what drives low CSAT scores by searching through the answers to customer satisfaction questions. When you filter by “dissatisfied,” you receive a list of all the conversations that led to a poor rating. Further filter and sort the list to identify root causes. Is there a trend with a particular agent? Length of time? Topic? Skill?
Length of Engagements
Through LiveEngage reporting, you learn what your average engagement length should be. And through the history filtering capabilities, you can pull lists of conversations that are longer than average, below the average, or abnormally long. Once the initial search filter appears, you can further refine your search to gain a deeper understanding of how many abnormal chats you have and what causes them. Is there a trend? Is there an issue you weren’t aware of? You can find all these answers and more through our engagement history tools.
Finding Specific Engagements
The new LiveEngage search also lets you pull up any particular engagement you’re looking for. If you have a support case that logged the engagement ID, you can search by the particular number. If you have set up Engagement Attributes, you can also pull up engagements by searching for a particular order or customer ID.
Instant view of what consumers are talking about uncovers the topics requiring attention (beta).
By pulling down the history dashboard, you will uncover a gem: a “Hot Topics” (beta) report showing those topics driving satisfaction or unhappiness for your customers. Hot Topics* are pulled automatically and are based on intelligent text analytics. Drill down on any topic to see the chat snippets — what consumers are saying exactly — about it.
Filtering capabilities let you narrow down the results by time frame or even look at agent and consumer lines separately.
* Hot Topics is currently in beta. If you’d like to join the beta program and enjoy the benefits of this dashboard, please contact email@example.com.
Once you’ve discovered a topic requiring further analysis, you can use the engagement history search to find conversations with that individual keyword and see the complete list of all engagements.
Integrate any and all engagement history data into your CRM or databases.
Brands have various reasons to take data out of LiveEngage and incorporate it into other apps or database. First, LiveEngage maintains data for 13 months rolling. By importing it into your own database, you can control the storage of this valuable customer information. More importantly, by incorporating this data with other contact channels, you can run a true analysis on the performance by channel. Adding engagement history into CRMs will ensure you have one central place for all customer interaction records.
There are two ways to integrate engagement history:
- Engagement history API: Use the API method to automatically pull all chat-related data, including transcripts, surveys, and metadata. Learn more here.
- Export method (coming soon — Q2 2016): Administrators and agent managers will be able to export all engagement history data into a JSON or CSV format directly from the history area.
If you have not yet tapped into all of these capabilities, we encourage you to start using and playing with the engagement history area, filters, and search. We are certain you’ll find several valuable insights into your chat operation and business.