In the News
LivePerson recognized in 2023 Gartner® Market Guide for Digital Customer Service and Support
LivePerson is honored to once again have its conversational AI technology recognized in the Gartner Market Guide for Digital Customer Service and Support (second time in a row).
More about the Market Guide
Gartner’s Market Guides help business leaders evaluate vendors in different markets. The firm defines digital customer service and support as any service interaction that starts from a screen, including applications that enable customer service and support to engage customers through their preferred digital channels, managing persistent dialogues.
LivePerson fulfills all 9 functional areas in the Market Guide for Digital Customer Service and Support, including:
- Digital engagement (getting connected in multiple digital customer service channels)
- Co-browsing (viewing customer actions on websites or mobile apps for better guidance)
- Conversation orchestration (supporting seamless customer interactions across digital messaging channels)
- Knowledge management support (supporting access to and management of relevant knowledge assets)
- Continuous intelligence (using customer data and analysis to improve digital customer service)
- Automation of engagement (making it more scalable to offer digital customer service with various AI tools)
- Agent desktop (providing a contact center agent workspace to manage their part of the digital customer experience)
- Integration or data ingestion capabilities (supporting data flow from multiple sources to provide context-aware information)
- Forecasting and planning for persistent engagement (ensuring the required resources are available based on effort needed vs. elapsed time)
In addition to being named a Representative Vendor in this Gartner Market Guide, LivePerson has also been named a Sample Vendor in the Gartner Hype Cycle for Customer Service and Support Technologies for three consecutive years, and was recognized as a Representative Vendor in Gartner’s most recent Market Guide for Speech Analytics Platforms.
How digital service impacts customer satisfaction
In August 2023, LivePerson commissioned a survey of US consumers to better understand how they wish customer inquiries could be handled. And the biggest takeaway was that people would rather do anything else besides use a traditional IVR or wait on hold. Sixty percent would skip their morning coffee and 4 in 10 would rather change a diaper!
In other words, brands need a mix of human and AI chatbot support across multiple channels to reduce customer effort and increase customer satisfaction. Just look at how the world’s largest luxury reseller quickly reached over 90% in CSAT by playing to consumer preferences for digital customer support and messaging.
“LivePerson’s platform was built on the premise that the same natural, conversational experiences we enjoy with friends and family should be available to consumers every time they interact with their favorite brands, especially when it comes to resolving issues and getting help,” said Alex Kroman, Executive Vice President, Product and Technology at LivePerson. “We’re excited to be recognized across multiple Gartner reports, including this second time in a row in the Market Guide for Digital Customer Service and Support.”
To learn more about LivePerson’s solutions for enterprise conversations, browse our site. To read the full report, download the Gartner Market Guide for Digital Customer Service and Support using your Gartner.com login.
Disclaimer: GARTNER and HYPE CYCLE are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of the Gartner Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.